What is Biodegradable?
- Nature: Biodegradation materials are capable of being decomposed by bacteria or other living organisms and thereby avoiding pollution.
- Time taken: Depends largely on the materials itself and the disposing environments
- Residue: May have small amount of residue, depending on the ingredients
- Disposal: General waste bin
- Example: BOPP biodegradable film lamination
What is Compostable? …
BOPP film lamination, water-based varnishing, or even no coating ?
What is Compostable?
- Nature: Compostable materials are capable of breaking down into natural elements in a compost environment and thereby avoiding pollution.
- Time taken: Within 180 days in commercial composting facility
- Residue: No visible or toxic residue
- Disposal: Green recycling bin
- Development: The scientists are still exploring Home compost technology which could compost the materials at home backyard closer to the general environment (25°C).
#biodegradable #compostable #BOPP #eco-friendly #innovation #sustainable #cleanbeauty #luxurypackaging #giftpackaging #gogreen #ijenhk #ijenpackaging